Monday, March 14, 2011

My chemistry with kids




My article.. Dunno if it met the purpose for which it was meant or not..!! 
But it atleast deserves a spot in my own blog..
So here it is..



My chemistry with kids..


As I grew up I always had 1 thing undeniably pinned to my mental faculties that although I do have a soft spot for kids But I'll always fancy 'em at a distance.. Not that I dun wish to get close to 'em.. But 'cause, come what may, they being kids will never be in a state to relent their tag of "HANDLE WITH CARE" & for someone so fragile as me, when its unimaginable for me to retain myself as a single entity, it'd be far too much to gamble with the lives of those tiny tots coz 1stly I fear wrecking 'em with my instability, and 2ndly I can't guarantee keeping my irritable psyche cool if by the slightest chance i happen to get drenched in their pees & poops..!! :|
Even then I do try to broadcast my affection by intensifying my ability to go all "cuddly & warm" atleast with my cute, candied & adorable nieces & nephews.. And at times I do amuse the bystanders instead of being berated..
Now as I venture into the terrain of Pediatrics, I've figured out that these innocent little angels are actually freakish..!!
They have these paranormal powers of seizing all your attention & once you get engrossed in them completely they do all sorts of bizarre acts, understanding which is probably beyond the realm of common folks like me.
Even with those unheard-of & rare ailments that they endure, they seem to amend the aura of a fuzzy hospital ward into a world so animate & peppy. For that instant my mind sneaks away from the worldly tractions & I so much wish to mess around with those lil creatures unrestrained. But for them, seeing any1 with "white coats" is certain to haul up fear which reflects pretty well on their faces & instinctively makes me canny & considerate regarding their affliction.
I remember talking to a baby girl of 5 few days back in the ward when she was in a complete playful tenor, but on scrutinizing me, she actually 'mocked crying!' At first I couldn't decipher her mockery but it was a minute later that I figured it out, when she gave that huge smile on reaching her mothers clinch & her mother told that she does it just to get to her safest site.. "The Mom's Arms..!!" Gosh..!! These kids can sense fear.. But even then tend to put anything & everything in their mouth. And somehow end up landing into these hospital beds.. Seeing them so severely ill is extremely shattering. =(
Furthermore after such episodes in the Paeds. dept. I'm inclined to alter all my stubborn views about kids.. And who knows, maybe after a little nudge I might happen to unfold a fine link with 'em..!! :)

-Vanshika Gupta




[Title courtesy again to Nishant Jain]
{And previous post mein, the same was for the new title of my blog- " 'Cause its my lyf.."}

2 comments: